Sunday, March 1, 2015

DAY 1 OF THE MARCH SOLSC! #SOL15



One of the things that I try to do each day is reflect on my teaching practice.  Spending time thinking about what was working and what wasn't working is essential to my growing in my craft.  I love professional development.  Learning new things that help me be more effective fills my bucket in a big way.

I sat in a large round room flooded with light.  The wooden floor had blankets and comfortable back supports.  There were also chairs for those who didn't want to sit on the floor.  I sat in the center of the room and studied the panel of teachers who were sharing their knowledge.  I was there to learn about adding a mindfulness practice to my classroom routine.

Chime, focus on the moment.
Chime, close your eyes, focus inward
Chime, focus on your breath
Time passes in silence
Time passes in peace
Time passes in the moment
Chime, pull yourself back to now

I walked out of the room when the training was over.  There was a new excitement in my step.  My bucket was filled.  Plans floated in my mind.

#sol15


5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you are adding mindfulness to your classroom! It will change your class! I love the poetry of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you are adding mindfulness to your classroom! It will change your class! I love the poetry of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of practicing mindfulness! Reflecting on one's teaching on a daily basis. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindfulness is such an important skill to learn at any age.There are so many ways to do it and I love that you are working on it with you kids! As I read your slice, my own mind cleared with the description and it was a lovely moment of peace. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thoughtful post. I felt the calmness and peace in your tone at the end. It was a lovely slice to share. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete